Sunday, October 2, 2011

Reflections on Revisions

   When I begin to write a paper getting the first paragraph done is by far the most challenging part.  I try and keep the first paragraph as a generalization of what is to come, but of course trying to create a strong thesis that will allow me to build and branch the essay from there.  
   In high school I learned to write a rough draft and then correct that draft and then write a final draft.  My biggest problem with writing so many drafts is that I become very indecisive and sometimes have the tendency to re-write the entire thing will a whole different angle.  So I find it much easier, personally, to just get on the computer and type away.  No writing a rough draft and then typing it up just type the paper and go from there.  I love getting an opinion on what I've written and make changes as necessary.
   After receiving my draft for essay #2 back I need to revise quite a lot.  Mostly and wording and spelling of words.  What I plan to do is take all the comments from the teacher and off the blog and take a much closer look there first.  After all those are fixed I will re-read and add to or take away no useful material and just basically clean it up.  I will then allow someone else to read it and tell me their opinion about what I have written and take suggestion down on a piece of paper.  Last but not least I will re-read again and add the suggestions in where ever I feel and turn in the final piece and hope for the best!

http://photos2.fotosearch.com/bthumb/CSP/CSP291/k2918564.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Your process sounds a lot like mine. I had this teacher who told me to write an outline. That REALLY helps with the first paragraph (thesis). The thesis was my hardest part of an essay until I learned the outline technique. It really dose help! I recommend it. It's kinda first grade but it works like a charm, you just write what you'd like to talk about in your entire essay and go from there, add little side notes like what else beside that specific point and add to it. I hope that makes sense! I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete