Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog #9 Letter

Dear Ms. Cline,
     This is my third semester straight of taking an English class and lets just say it's been quite the challenge thus far.  It started off a bit rough for me trying to find the time to complete my assignments but it's been much better lately and honestly this is by far the best English class I've taken out of the three.
     So far I'm most proud of my 2nd essay that I wrote on analyzing poetry.    Not only was that a challenging assignment but it was very interesting.  Although my grade did not improve much from my rough draft to the final draft, I feel that I had found the deeper meaning in the poem that I had missed before.  It was my first experience with dark poetry and it was one of the best and most meaningful poems I've read.
    In the other two English classes I have taken in college there has been witting assignments.  Nothing like analyzing poetry though.  The best part about writing a paper about analyzing poetry is every reader takes the meaning of the poem differently.  So there really is no real answer but how it affects the reader.
   For the remainder of this class I hope to improve my writing skills greatly and pass this class with an "A" because I know I can.  I feel that you are a great instructor and really care what your students are learning and how we are progressing.  It is also really nice that you are there to answer questions and direction with assignments.
     Sincerely,
     Lindsey Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment