Sunday, December 4, 2011

Technology

   Technology is an ever changing aspect in the world.  Thanks to such great technology as a student I have the opportunity to partake in online classes for college.  English 102 is the sixth online class I've taken and I feel the more online classes I take, the easier it gets to navigate through blackboard and other links available for the classes I'm taking.
  This semester was the very first time I had ever used a video cam with Skype.  These two tools alone really make online learning a great success.  Only using these two tools once, it really helped get direction for the Frankenstein essay. Sure it may be easier to be in an in-class setting and brainstorm as a class out loud about certain topics, but for people who have to work it is ideal to use a computer and learn online opposed to in a classroom.
   I, being a single mom of two, don't have much extra time to actually go into the college and take classes.  I do want to earn a degree and continue with my education, but have other priorities that come first to my learning.  As a student that has not taken a college course in class in 5 years I can say that if the class I want is available online that is going to be my first choice. If you have good self discipline, a computer, and the will, online learning is great!

                                                    
This link is from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg5vrrcC62JFwZoIxAGR4Sdb-qxNxiNa2ocjWXyaT4mH1evsPRH5epQQjVrMltgoLSYriNxyB9dvpWzxoqOjG4-7tqGqM2Sn4blH3PxoUUmC4kJw0vC-doWwWtimS8x4sz7Tc5OqqFjDmU/s1600-r/TechnologyLearning.gif

3 comments:

  1. I too am grateful for the opportunity to take an online class. I work full time and have a small family so, like you mentioned, it is almost impossible to go to the college to take the classes. I'm also glad that we were able to use different technology for this particular online class, because for me it made the class less boring than taking an online class with no use of the great technologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very nice to have to opportunity to do online school. Just as you said you are a mother, it is so nice to have a little flexibility and have an online class. There are challenges to not being in a classroom setting, but there are also many things that I enjoy about online. It was fun and different to be able to use some of the fun technologies for class. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Break!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have taken online classes before as well and what I like most about them is the flexibility that they offer. I have never used a webcam for a class, but I can see how it would definitely be helpful.

    ReplyDelete